When we receive an enquiry from a tenant for one of our extensively advertised properties, we are usually able to arrange an appointment within hours, and if the property is suitable, we will take up references from previous landlords and employers.
Let us take the stress away
If approved we can usually complete the tenancy within 7 – 10 days, subject to the property being readily available. If, for whatever reason the referencing is not approved, we can accept a guarantor, who will honour the terms of the Tenancy Agreement, if you are unable to.
In normal circumstances, we will require one month’s rent in advance and one month’s security deposit, which will be held by Ocean Residential in The Dispute Service bonded account, for the duration of the tenancy.
Contact us Today
Inventory & Condition Report
When you move into the property, you will be asked to check and sign the inventory/condition report, and at the end of the tenancy, the property will be checked for any damage, misuse or neglect, and if necessary the cost of putting the property back to its original condition will be deducted from your deposit, subject to your agreement. It will be in your own best interest to keep the property in good order. We would advise our tenants to take out contents insurance cover to protect your personal possessions. Please discuss your requirements with Ocean Residential.
- A holding deposit (up to 1 week’s rent)
- A tenancy deposit of 4 weeks’ rent
- A payment of up to £50 inc VAT to alter the tenancy agreement, when requested by a tenant, or reasonable costs incurred if higher
- Interest at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base rate, for late payment of rent (which is more than 14 days overdue)
- A payment at cost for the replacement of a lost key or security device
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy when requested by the tenant
- Payments to service providers in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax
- Other payments, permitted under appropriate legislation, including damages.